11/12/2006

a wandering thought

there this thought in my head lately or perhaps it is better labeled a confession: I care far too greatly what others think. i'm not sure even really where to go with this thought. perhaps i am alone in my wondering what others think but something tells me i am not the only one plagued with this disease. and something tells me that such concern with another's opinion or thought of me adds up to idolatry and places my faith on a questionable foundation. it causes me to question. am i really who i say i am? is my faith really faith at all? am i living life as a pratical athiest disguised as a follower of Christ?

1 comment:

tonymyles said...

It's a product of the fall that we care what others think. Even in the midst of a grace-filled life, we live in a fallen world that tries to tell us something other than God matters.

Which ironically is why we chose to break the world in the first place.