12/06/2006

a poem to pass the time

i have an absolute brain freeze/block. i know what i want to write about, what i want to say but can't for the life of me figure out how to get it from the brain molecules whirling in my head to paper so for the time being i thought i'd post a rought draft of a poem i wrote during a very important church meeting. i really was paying attention i promise.

grace kills all that is dark
like a disease it grows
spreading, breaking down
the faulty immune system
built by man's distaste
for the divine and his
glutinous need for self-satisfication
which stunts his soul
and grace is violent
it surges, crashing up against Eden's
defenses, warring with the
elements, wearing down the
structures, tearing
at the grit of life


feels like there should be another last line but again brain freeze wins.

2 comments:

Staci said...

That would be something original that hardly anyone knows about. Plus those protestors...ooo...one day when I get up the nerve meaning I'm not self-conscious or give any account to what people think of me I will give them a piece of my mind.

Anonymous said...

hope you are saving all these peoms you are writing...someday you can publish them and when you are rich and famous - don't forget little ole me

seriously, as always, your poetry is good - makes the reader have to think