11/22/2007

baking cookies

this has become a "aunt jessica" tradition. i'm usually on top of this; i'm usually chopping at the bit to make my few dozen cookies. i don't know this year i just wasn't as pumped. guess i figure the kids are getting "too old" for this little tradition.

every year at thanksgiving and/or christmas and well just about anytime i stayed with the kids or them with me we baked cookies. it was never really about the cookies. it was something we could do togehter. make a mess. eat 1/2 the dough.

so this year, robert wants cookies. wants to go to wal-mart b/c i've failed in my auntly duties. needs me to make cookies.

so this time i made them. it's the first year i've made cookies solo. but each of the kids wanted them. and of course at least one of them wanted to eat the dough with me.

we laugh. when robert is married i'll show up at his door with cookie fixin's and ask his wife if i can come in to make cookies for my little (6' 1") nephew.

2 comments:

Rebekah said...

you're a really good aunt, and the kids love you!

Anonymous said...

You have made memories with the kids that they will carry for life.

Thanks!