11/05/2007

what they want

Disclaimer: this is a pissy, woe is me, self-pity post. it's meant to purge what i feel at this moment at this exact time only. it is not representative of who i am or how i view myself or people in general.

so they say they want me to be myself. live from the core of who i am. and of course live that in balance with others. obviously, i will from time to time have to adjust who i am to some degree to live in harmony with others. i can't just go tell everyone i meet how i think or feel just b/c that is my natural state. i do have to think of what is best for others and the repercussions to a person's being by my actions. yet i am not suppossed to repress my feelings or avoid confrontation or state the facts or call things out.

yet when i do that - lay out the facts - here's the case, the situation, the problem then the focus becomes not the problem, but that i'm pertubed, that i didn't communicate the right way. this is extremely frustrating when other forms of communication have failed or had minisucle results. the focus becomes something other than the problem.

i guess i'm selfish. but i don't want to accomdate for everyone. it gets tiring. and how am i suppossed to be me if me makes things worse. i want to be a servant's heart. i'm willing to take the blame. to swallow pride. be the bigger person but there comes a time when, dude, you just can't handle the truth or the way things are, or reality. it's not okay to be upset. it's not okay to be irritated.

be me? being me right now is an internal struggle to not shut down.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just be yourself kid! Let the other comments roll off like the rain drops!

Rebekah said...

yeah, it's probably self-focused to think or wonder this, but then- that's who your sister is :)- but I sure hope this isn't a result of your question you asked me the other day and what I said.

if it is, then I am sorry because I sure wouldn't and didn't want to say something to hurt your feelings or cause a problem

we are all who we are- we can't help that. if people- including me, your family , your coworkers, etc.- have our own things that cause us to not deal well with the way that you express your own personality- well, that's too bad, isn't it? we'll all get over it, just like you have to get over things about all of us.

i'm sorry that you're upset or were upset. i hope you're feeling better.

Vikki said...

Speak the truth in love and if they don't like it, (by they, I also mean me) then they just have to deal with it. As long as you have the best of intentions, who cares?

Love you! :)