4/15/2008

dreaming

dream - to consider as a possibility

the idea: if i were not simply better but well (see last post) what would i look like.

the possibility: if i knew love, the God kind, what would i look like, what would be different?

I'd take a chance on falling in love...one more time.

I'd live with hope that life might work the way I dreamed...rather than expect it to blow up in my face.

I'd believe the best in people...rather than looking for the flaw.

I'd try something new...rather than sitting on the sidelines.

I'd trust what people say...rather than waiting for the "catch".

I'd take the next move...rather than being constrained by fear of failing.

I'd accept compliments at face value...rather than searching for the lie.

I'd let go freely...rather than regretting past choices.

I'd quit apologizing for what isn't my responsibility...rather than taking on guilt that is not mine to carry.

I might just live life with joy...and not dread.

I'd say no...and not yes.

I'd take care of myself...rather than taking care of everyone else at my expense.

I might jump...right into the life I was meant to live.

For in Christ lives all the fullness of God in a human body. So you also are complete (fullness - filled) through your union with Christ, who is the head over every ruler and authority.

Colossians 2:9-10

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well reach out and accept God's love as you never have before - and go for it!!!!! Life is good! Time to really enjoy it!!! Praying for you that you will let go and allow God to bless you once again with love, joy, happiness.

Aimee said...

Ditto what your momma said!!!! :-) (but much of what you said could be applied to me as well...in that same boat with you!)